Friday, March 1, 2013

Your Kidding right?


I have so many things that I can't seem to tear away from. They are my most adored and private collection, which if I didn't have self-restrain, I would buy a chest full of them. There's none other than my rings. I have a thing for rings, and whenever i pass on the road and see them displayed, i want one. This was something i developed in high school and it became my thing. If i had a larger collection, it would mean war if someone touched even one of them. Right now, i am so proud that i have reduced to only 3 rings on my fingers.
The other thing i adore is sports. I had a hard time accepting the fact that my knee was damage and i needed to give it a time out. For two good years, i ran around, played soccer, basketball, volleyball and jogging, on a torn miniscus and damaged ACL. That was call going against the norm and scared to let go of what my heart desired and loved most. 
Hey, I am not saying i did not have Jesus in me. I did have him all along, but i always said. He will fix it, for he has said, when you call on me, i will answer you. I didn't know the part i had to play in this.

"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." Matthew 19:21. 

My example may not be the best, but one thing i came to realize was that, The foundations of my faith were built on my belief and trust that God will make everything right. I refused to let go of sports. I continued playing, not for God, but to proof myself to Men and Ladies at school that i was a strong and unbreakable. I thought i had it all down and nobody could tell me anything. 
In my own world, i was perfect and needed nothing to be changed about me. I could survive this and come up on top like Destiny child says "I'm a survivor, i'm gonna make." I was superwoman, as my friends said. It gave me pride, self-reliance, and a big ego. 

That was my possession, which i feared letting go. No Kidding. I had to give that up so i could be perfect. 
What are some of the things you hold onto so tightly that you can't see in front of your nose? 
Let me guess. Your passion for popularity (known as image), your passion to get the most awesome job, your passion to compete, your passion to put others down, forget about the addiction to shoe shopping, bags, clothes, cars, a glorious house, furniture, insecurity and much more. 
How can you try to attend perfection when you are so stuck up with worries concerning these material things?
For me to achieve perfection, my body had to tell me it was enough. The superwoman that once feared nothing now fears her body. It has the power to stop her and intimidate her. I had to come to terms with my father. 
Psalm 11:3 "When the foundations are shaken, what can the righteous do?" I had to stop and give up everything to him who could set things straight. I knew i could not do things on my own anymore and the strength i possess could be thorn from me anytime. 
The things we Hold onto, are we going to carry them to our graves? Are they worth killing each other over? Are they worth decorating your house with? Not at all.

I don't even know what i am saying anymore. I think i should stop talking right now. These are my thoughts and how i feel. Will you really miss out on perfection, just because you value that thing you hold onto?

No comments:

Post a Comment